For those of you enjoying your shiny new BlackBerry 10 smartphone, the Waterloo giant is delivering another update to the BlackBerry 10 version 10.1 software that will be steadily rolling out on carriers around the globe. Note that carriers in some regions may take longer than others based on their individual processes.
To be sure you’re getting all the goodness, look for OS version number of 10.1.0.4181 / 10.1.0.4537 or higher to confirm you have the latest update. You can find the OS version number you are currently running by going to the System Setting, selecting About, then selecting OS from the drop down Category menu.
- Asia Pacific: Starting July 29th
- Canada: Starting July 29th
- EMEA: Starting July 29th
- Latin America: Starting Mid-August*
- U.S.: Starting End of Summer
Why You’ll Want to Update to BlackBerry 10.1?
Updating your BlackBerry 10 smartphone to this latest OS version is free and easy to do over a Wi-Fi network. There are hundreds of new enhancements, built into the update, following are a few of the highlights.
1. BlackBerry Hub
New enhancements designed help you stay organized and in control of all your conversations:
• Quickly move between messages – Use a simple gesture to quickly move to the last or next message without having to return to the message list
• Jump to the last unread message – If you have a BlackBerry Q10 Pressing the ‘u’ key in the BlackBerry Hub will take you to the last unread message
• Email synchronization – ActiveSync and IMAP email users can adjust syncing preferences to keep emails on their BlackBerry smartphone for an unlimited time period
2. BlackBerry World
Search improvements help you find the apps, games and multimedia content you’re looking for. When you find that app – our new wish list feature helps you keep track of apps you want to download. Plus, this software update will automatically update your favorite apps like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to the most recent versions.
3. BlackBerry Balance
Manage work and personal conversations by letting you split out your work and personal accounts in to different views within the BlackBerry Hub.**
4. +more to discover
There are many more enhancements found in the new BlackBerry 10 version 10.1.0.4537 update, from the lock screen to language support for Chinese and Korean, improvements to BlackBerry Remember and lots more. The first step to discovering these new features is to update your BlackBerry 10 software. For all you die-hard mobile geeks out there that want to dig into the full feature list it’s available here for your reading pleasure.
How to Update?
1. To update your BlackBerry smartphone to BlackBerry 10.1 software, look for the alert in the notifications section of the BlackBerry Hub.
2. You can also check for software updates through the System Settings menu and selecting Software Updates.
The download will happen in the background, so your information remains safe and you can continue to use your smartphone as it downloads. As always, we recommend you make a current backup of your BlackBerry 10 smartphone. For more information on how to update your BlackBerry 10 smartphone, visit BlackBerry.com/update
*Not all carriers will be releasing this update.
** Your IT administrator is required to enable this feature.