BB10 has been around for almost a year and today there’s an exciting software update to the platform. BlackBerry 10.2.1 is out today. It’s designed to help you be more productive and stay better connected. The update includes many brand new changes and updates to go over, keep reading for the inside scoop on it all. We bring you the complete highlights after the break.
BlackBerry 10.2.1 – Whats New:
BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 includes hundreds of new enhancements and refinements that will make the things you do every day faster and easier. Catch the change log below:
- Optimized battery life with new monitoring options and indicators
- BlackBerry Priority Hub with more ways to organize and prioritize, so you can stay focused on mission critical things.
- Call management options so you can respond on your terms, even by email/BBM/text
- Cost management tools to manage roaming and data usage
- Groups can be created for SMS and email for more efficient broadcast communications.
- Lock Screen Notifications are now actionable, so you can respond to important messages more quickly or discreetly.
- Picture Password for quick unlocking
- Offline Browser Reading Mode lets you save the current web page for later viewing, even if you are offline.
- FM Radio does not require any network connection so can you listen to local FM stations (BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry® Q10 or BlackBerry® Q5 smartphone)
Subject to carrier approvals, BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1 will be available to customers around the world, rolling out starting today in the U.S., Europe, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America, and will be available for the entire line of smartphones running BlackBerry 10 (including the Porsche Design P’9982).
How to update to BlackBerry v10.2.1?
When the update becomes available on your carrier, here’s how you can update for free:
- To update your BlackBerry smartphone to BlackBerry 10.2.1 software, look for the alert in the notifications section of the BlackBerry Hub.
- You can also check for software updates through the System Settings menu and selecting Software Updates.
For more information about BlackBerry 10, visit blackberry.com/blackberry10OS. Be sure to let us know what you think in the comments below.