Security has been both upgraded and personalized with the Galaxy S5’s intuitive Finger Scanner, which unlocks your device by reading your unique print so it only works when it’s in your hands. Fingerprint Unlock is a security feature that uses fingerprint recognition technology instead of a PIN or password. It lets you unlock the Samsung Galaxy S5 using the fingerprint reader located in the Home button. Follow the instructions below to setup this feature. For more tips keep checking back or follow us on twitter and facebook.
1. Touch Apps.
2. Touch Settings.
3. Scroll to and touch Lock screen.
4. Touch Screen lock.
5. Touch Fingerprints.
6. Read the warning and touch OK.
7. Swipe the entire pad of your finger across the home button repeatedly until the fingerprint has been registered.
8. Enter a password to use in case Fingerprint Unlock can’t unlock the phone.
9. Touch Continue.
10. Re-enter the password to confirm it.
11. Touch OK.
12. Fingerprint Unlock has been set up.
13. To unlock the phone from standby mode, just swipe your finger across the Home button and it will unlock.